Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ravenwing Photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
E-10 Lives! (warning, image heavy)
5 months ago

So I decided to dig the old beast out and see if it still works. I have the grip and matching battery, so put it on the charger when I left for work this morning. Went to put it in when I got home, hmmm....fits a bit snug, don't remember that. Go into the menu, and camera shuts off, battery dead. Take battery out...even more snug. Whoops, battery bulging, that can't be good! Dig around in camera bag, find unopened 4 pack of CRV-3's, take the grip off, and I'm in business.

Surprise, it still works! Jeesh, I've forgotten how quiet that shutter is, just a tiny whispered snick. I've also pretty much forgotten how to run the darned thing. Oh well, lets go out and see what happens. What follows is a few shots, mostly with but two without the TCON-14B. LOL, I forgot you can't shoot zoomed out with the teleconverter on, unless you want a perfectly round photo! And I'll be darned if LR doesn't do a pretty good job with those raw files, I figured it wouldn't even know what to do with them nowadays!

Da Jeep........

Da thermometer (note temperature, haven't seen that for a while!)....

Tree with pretty blue sky..........

Birch Bark details.........

Da Squirrel.....

Bonus wet squirrel series (got dripped on from melting snow on roof).....

Tried to get some Chickadee shots, but wasn't fast enough (either me or the camera). Overall though, I'm really surprised at the old girl and all her 4mp glory, she don't do too bad for her age! Being as how the grip battery is fried, I probably won't be using her much, a feller could go to be poor house buying batteries!

-- hide signature --

Nate
"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow