why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
SimonOL
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
More users = more opinions
In reply to ianbrown, 8 months ago

I think that DPR probably has more users/members than any other forum dedicated to NEX/E-mount gear. It may be that there's a constant ratio across all forums between those who contribute aiming to be helpful and informative vs. those whose main motive is to be provocative; the more users reading and posting on a particular forum, the more opinions you are likely to receive and the more likelihood of a clash of egos.

On the plus side, the more opinions you get, the more chance that one of those responses will be 'correct'.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the number of generally informative responses to this post: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53442796

I started that thread genuinely knowing next to nothing about 4k video (the latest 'hot topic') but had a few preconceived ideas which I thought I'd share partly to 'get the ball rolling' and partly in the hope these ideas might be dispelled and that I (and maybe others with a similar lack of knowledge in this area) might learn something. I posted it almost expecting to be treated like an imbecile but it's actually been very constructive in the main.

This forum is what you make it and can be a genuinely useful source of knowledge - a thick skin and a decent BS filter helps sometimes though

SimonOL's gear list:SimonOL's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow