Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chau D
Senior MemberPosts: 1,264
Like?
I thought Pentax finally fixed the 16-50mm SDM problem
5 months ago

Seeing too many posts in this forum for many years about the 16-50mm SDM failure, I decided to stay away from it. As more and more folks said Pentax finally fixed the problem, I decided to get my copy from B&H this past Christmas as a gift for myself. I bougt it during the Christmas season but I did not have an opportunity to try it out. Three weeks ago, we had a family reunion in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Of course I brought the damn lens with me to use for the first time. Guess what, the damn lens didn't work at least half of the time under all kind of light conditions, morning, midday, evenin, bright light and cloudy. Did I mention not once I could manage to get it to work at night with flash? During the day, it works one minute then quits the next minute. I had to regularly switch to manual focus in order to take a shot. The pictures quality isn't any better than my trusted 16-45. Should have stuck to my gun and stayed away for the SDM crap. Sorry for using this forum to rant folks. I love dpreview.com no matter what

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow