ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eawhitcomb
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?
Date stamp on ZS19
7 months ago

Hello,
A few years ago I got my niece a ZS-19.  She's using it to take pictures of her newborn.  So now she's going to Mexico and needs to get the pictures of the baby off the memory card and she wants them date stamped.  She didn't turn this functionality on when she got the camera so I'm assuming she's out of luck?

I told her to take the pictures off this week and just put them in a folder on her desktop and when she's back I'll go spend a day with her and we'll pick the best pictures and I'll put the date on in Photoshop but if I can avoid doing that I'd really like to!

And finally, my mind is going blank, and I'm not home to test this, but when she copies the pictures from the memory card to her hard drive (she doesn't have software so it will be just copying and pasting) will the files will maintain the date as the date shot -- as opposed to the date that it was copied to her hard drive?  If the date is going to change to when she copied them to her hard drive I'll have to come up with something else (starting with her just getting a new card for Mexico this week and we'll deal with the baby pictures when she's back).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Elizabeth

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow