This thread is locked.
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,888Gear list
Re: I really don't understand...
In reply to XMN, 5 months ago

XMN wrote:

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

XMN wrote:

I have no ideia if that is the reason, but someone sugested that the EM5 and EP5 shutters just go to 1/4000 instead of 1/8000, and the extra acceleration was reponsible for more SS turning it visible in the images. Really can't confirm that.

E-P5 shutter goes to 1/8000. Probably the same mechanism as the E-M1.

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is now discontinued...
Jeff.

You are right of course, i made confusion with the EPL5.

The fact that the E-P5 and the E-M1 go to 1/8000  rather than 1/4000 is of no importance per se. The higher max speed might theoretically be accomplished by using a more narrow slit.

What might matter, however, is that the E-P5 and E-M1 both have a higher flash sync speed than earlier Oly bodies. This in turn implies that the shutter blades move at higher speed, thereby involving stronger forces (if the blades are equally heavy), which might increase the likelihood of significant blur due to shutter shock.

Note, however, that shutter shock is by no means a phenomenon confined to these two bodies. Prior generations of bodies are clearly affected as well.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow