Leaving for Puerto Rico and...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
Re: Leaving for Puerto Rico and...
In reply to toomanycanons, 5 months ago

toomanycanons wrote:

Glad you had a nice trip. Regarding primes: I wouldn't want to keep changing primes every time a focal length wasn't working for me. Ya know, sweating and dripping while unloading yet another prime out of your bag, doing the lens changing thing, carefully putting yet another prime back into your bag etc etc etc. "Zooming with your feet" would get old after awhile, I would think. Of course, I always have on a short zoom and never shoot with primes.

Well, I do notice it when I don't have zoom flexibility but on the other hand the lenses of primes are so much lighter and smaller.  It would be fairly easy to stick the second prime almost in your pocket.  Switching them is pretty easy.  I wouldn't mind that part.  But assuming I went with all primes and not with the 16-35 and 85 the problem would be the focal length of the second one.  28mm 35mm?  Probably 35mm I think because carrying three when out and about would be a bit much and 28mm might just be a tad wide.

regards, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow