why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Eye of the beholder
In reply to ianbrown, 5 months ago

I've experienced schmuck rude arrogant bold behavior from time to time as well. This happens most often when there are disagreements and opinions that some do you like. For instance, talking about SLTs and low light noise quickly makes A77 users angry. Talking about focusing systems quickly has people make you feel that you're inferior, uneducated, and ignorant. And saying anything about super zooms not being super. It's those topics where I encountered trouble, mostly.

But, I've learned that who's reasonable is in the eye of the beholder. I think it is safe to assume that normal rational grown up people can easily too see and identify who is being unreasonably arrogant. A disagreement is one thing, and that's ok. But accusations and distortions to force a perceived opinion gets dicy. People won't always come to the rescue, but I think that as long as you try to be reasonable, the only ones that come out looking negative, are the arrogant ones themselves.

Oh, another funny thing I find is how DPR mods seem to have no problem with people posting pictures of people giving the middle finger. You can't stating f u to someone in text, but it's ok for someone doing this using a picture depicting it....

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow