Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrPicky
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
thanks nikon for great service!
8 months ago

After hearing about some posting about bad nikon service I would like to voice my opinion. This is only my opinion. I was one of the lucky ones as my d600 only had 3 spots on sensor. But after hearing about the dust/oil advisory I decided to send it in as I was out of warranty and didnt want to deal with problems if it arise. I was always informed with the status of my repair order. So when my camera came back after b2 service I immediately attached my lens and fired about 5 shots and noticed the af was very accurate then mirror locked up and err message. So I called immediately and after trying troubleshooting with the tech I was told to send back for repair. I would've been fine sending it back because turnaround time was about 2wks but because of the advisory I knew it will probably take longer. I have always been the one responsible for our association's easter party photos and we have a knew son in our life and told the tech I really need it back before easter. Well the same day there was an advisory about replacement and I brought it up to him. Through the whole conversation he was understanding and nice and so was I. So he told me he will escalate it and took down everything I told him and someone will call me back that day. About a couple of hrs later I received a call and spoke with someone and she said she understand my situation and I will receive a replacement. Today ups dropped off a brand new d610. Thanks nikon for the great service!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow