npires
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112Gear list
Like?
Re: Our Sony projectors are Cinema 4k
In reply to Siobhan A, 4 months ago

Siobhan A wrote:

npires wrote:

Siobhan A wrote:

The camera isn't 4k and can't shoot 4k on its own. It can only transfer the output to an external recorder - sold separately - that creates 4k files. Even then it is not Cinema 4k: The Digital Cinema Initiatives consortium established a standard resolution of 4096 pixels × 2160 lines.

I have an old Sony camcorder that can shoot in total darkness using a nightvison mode. I've never used it.

There are examples of 4k from gopros that look stunning on my 1080p monitor too. They can shoot 4k on their own too.

Are you going to be watching cinema aspect ratio on your 16:9 monitor? because Cinema 4K isn't 16:9. Just wondering. UHD 4K is enough for most users. Otherwise maybe get a GH4 if Cinema 4K is so important.

The small film makers and corporate guys will be turned off. The Sony projectors we bought at work are Cinema 4k - very very expensive.

Doubt it. The amount of small film makers I've seen walking around with £5K EOS Cinema cameras... Also again that's at work. Those projectors will most likely play back UHD 4K fine. You're not losing that much from the sides.

Also it's not aimed at mom and pops at jonny's baseball game. So not sure why everyone is getting upset about it. You're not the target audience! They're better off with an A6000.

npires's gear list:npires's gear list
RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha 7 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow