Nikon 105 for butterfly collection

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Peter Damroth
Contributing MemberPosts: 571Gear list
Like?
Re: Like that diffuser
In reply to TQGroup, 6 months ago

TQGroup wrote:

I do not want to plug a certain "reluctant millionaire", he's plenty good enough at self-promotion, but I find his collapsible light sphere very effective, convenient and portable... and not just for macro photography.

A few weeks ago, together with another friend we shot a large wedding in Melbourne for mutual friends. I had planned to use 4 x D910's on light stands with PW's for optimum lighting across the room. When we saw the size of the ballroom, we quickly realised we needed at least 8 and we didn't bring that many with us. So, we both had these lightspheres and the results we achieved with them on our D910's directly mounted on a D800 (his) / D600 (mine) using 24-70 F2.8 lenses were absolutely outstanding!

Another friend who's doing a lot of environmental portraiture also swears by the same manufacturer's "snoot"...

Just bought one! It will come in handy.

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

Peter Damroth's gear list:Peter Damroth's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow