What are Zeiss manual lenses? Looks like they're coming for FE mount

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Section10
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
Re: What are Zeiss manual lenses? Looks like they're coming for FE mount
In reply to José B, 5 months ago

Yes, Touit is the name of their first ever Auto Focus lens line but designed specifically for APS-C sensor. Their FE lens will not be Touit but just a regular name of their design, the 85mm will probably be a Planar design.

The way they work is actually very similar to regular lens, the ONLY thing different is the manual focus only. On my Canon its actually a pretty easy function..I have the Planar 85mm and theres no aperture ring, its controlled through the camera, (Nikon vs has it if you want to go that route with adapter) and EXIF is all recorded. The 85mm in particular has a long throw, so its not your perfect walk around lens but better for pre planned shots where you need to precise focus.

If you half press the shutter and then turn the focus ring it will beep just like a regular AF lens when the AF points have the highest contrast, this is called Focus Confirmation.

On Sony I imagine their excellent focus peaking will suffice for these lenses as well.

Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZMNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow