Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lorenzo
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
From rx1 to rx1r and back to rx1
5 months ago

I own a sony rx1 from the first day it was on sale and I love this camera.Ten days a go I decided to go for the rx1r but my enthusiasm finished after three days. I took many pictures in Milano the city where I live and I found a lot of moire and various chromatic artefact. The interesting thing is that I found the problem in a lot of pictures not only in fabrics, where I was prepared, but even in a lot of fine details which have nothing to do with human buildings.The picture which made me decide to go back to my "old" RX1 was a picture of a fountain where the the water drops became of a lot of different colours.I know very well how to manage the problem but in a lot of cases the correction affected the image by changing the colour in a way I don't like and like in the case of the fountain correcting the water drops affects the background significativey.In any case to me the little more definition that the RX1r gives over the RX1 is not enough to justify the time needed to correct the pictures.

I own a d800e so I am use to work with this kind of sensor but I must say that even if also the D800e has this problem, it has it in very low percentage of pictures probably due to the major resolution of the D800e or/and to the extreme definition of the Zeiss lens mounted on the RX1R.

-- hide signature --

www.lorenzocevavalla.it

lorenzo's gear list:lorenzo's gear list
Sony RX1 RX100 III Nikon D4 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Nikon D800E Sony RX1 Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow