Frequency of clogged nozzles?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
aztec69
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Frequency of clogged nozzles?
In reply to drgas99, 5 months ago

Giving up on my new Epson 4900!

I bought a brand new Epson 4900 last year because I heard that the print quality is second to none. After about 9 months of use, Error 1433 came up.  Called Epson and I explained to them in details how this message came up, and immediately they wanted to send me a refurbished one.  I thought they would send a technician to see if the can fix it first.

Replacement came and after charging the initial inks, I proceeded with head alignment.  Machine went for head cleaning, then printed only half page of the colour blocks.  Went to head clean again.  At this time, I can tell it's running much longer than usual to clean.  Then it printed a half page again, stopped, then warning message that the nozzles are clogged.  I did the Power clean this time.  Still won't work.  Now I'm getting Paper Sensor Error.  Read the manual and it said I either have the wrong paper installed or nozzles clogged.

When I opened the top door to see, there's dried fluid or grease covering the bottom left side where the heads travel.  It was also quite dirty inside.

I've been up this morning since 5 a.m. thinking what I would say to my clients.  I don't really make a lot of money selling my prints as this is only my hobby, but a hobby I really love.''

I will call Epson again this morning and see what they say.  At this point, I might just walk away and buy a Canon instead.

Frustrated Epson Customer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow