why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Re: why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?
In reply to ianbrown, 5 months ago

DPReview suffers badly from too many armchair experts that know all the scientific facts about a camera but can't take a photo to save their lives. So they hide behind the keyboard and snipe away with all that expert knowledge. Unfortunately these peoples don't seem to care that they are talking to ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS who may have the weakness to be offended by such "genius"

Unfortunately I gave up posting photos here (DPReview) a long time ago, because quite often the majority would rather criticise purple fringing of a tiny blown highlight over the actual quality of the photograph. Unless you're a big name in which you could probably fart on a sensor and they would thus proclaim it to be the work of a genius!

And as for cameras and this forum - the Sony A7 sums it up. That thing can't focus for toffee according to the experts. Well, this proves that most of these guys are often just regurgitating what they've read online, because if they went and tried it, they'd see that it focuses perfectly well and is a very very good camera.

Still, I'm just bitter because I can't afford the Summicrons to put on it!

Happy travels!

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow