JacquesC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,393
Like?
Re: Some questions
In reply to Photo Pete, 6 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

Pete I've posted some of this before but you may have missed it,

Two questions :

1. Can the EM-10 be set up to have the EVF (and or LCD) display the scene the way it will look once the photo has been taken? In other words, does it offer a realtime view of the exposed image, going darker or lighter in realtime as you adjust exposure compensation?

I know the Fuji XT-1 does this and it is something that will be REALLY helpful to have. The photo on the XT-1 looks EXCACTLY the same after exposure as it did in the EVF before exposure. On my V1 you can get a similar effect when applying EC, but you have to press the set button first, and is not 100% accurate.

2. You mentioned using the AF-ON focus techinque - I use it on my DSLR's, AF-ON button to initiate AF, and in AF-C mode - can one set the EM10 up to behave exactly the same ?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Jacques
apple-and-eve.com

Yes the evf and viewfinder can show exposure as in the final image. It can also be set to show the art filter effects if you use them.

Yes the af-on button can be used decoupled from the shutter release button just as on upper level dSLRs.
--
Have Fun
Photo Pete

Thanks for your response - sounds like the Oly is much like a "normal" DSLR !

-- hide signature --

Jacques
apple-and-eve.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow