Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,525Gear list
Like?
Fisheye+defishing vs WA/UWA lens?
7 months ago

I am ordering some goodies tonight and need to finalize my decision. I have been wanting a WA for my GX7 and didn't want to wait till my next buying cycle, but most of my budget this round is already spoken for. Im wondering if there are any severe drawbacks to defishing a fisheye that might spur me to wait for a slightly $pendier unit?

There are a few more affordable WA options like the new 12-32 and the basic 14-42 kit lens but those would be a last resort really, or at least some say they are not that good at the WA end. How would defishing a lens such as the Samyang/bower 7.5mm do, or even the new 8mm ? For such WA i don't intend on focusing much so a lack of AF isn't an issue, but how would a defished fisheye hold up?

I have heard defishing can lose sharpness but i assumed that was due to poor software. FYI i am using PS CC so im up to date. Im just looking for what's comparible. I won't likely buy the top dollar UWA like the 7-14, i just won't spend that much on one lens for a hobby, which is why the 3rd party glass is so appealing. Any advice on the 12-32 or 14-42 for landscapes? Fisheyes defished? Are they all junk compared to the high cost glass? Feel free to offer any advice and thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow