Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jeff Tokayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,924
Re: What is your point?
In reply to Ontario Gone, 5 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

Pixnat2 wrote:

What is the point of denying the existence of possible small blur due to shutter vibrations at certain shutterspeeds?

I'm curious to know your motivations?

I can answer that, if not for all, then for many of them. Because they haven't had any other choice. I have tested my GX7 and it is a bit sharper with E shutter on. Do i care that my shots are a smidge softer when choose to use M shutter? Hell no, because i have an alternative that will fix it and i rarely have to use M shutter. Olympus users don't have that option, and it sucks to have to admit you are stuck with a flaw. Some are more open minded and those are the ones praising the new FW addition. It's no different than the guy who claims his 6 year old camera has noise performance that's just as good as the new gear. People tend to discredit the flaws that threaten the value of their investment.

And another question : why do you think Olmypus did include the 0s antischock option in E-M1s FW 1.3?

Another easy answer. BC shutter shock is real.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Olympus has already a very effective feature on the E-P5 and E -M1, called short shutter lag. Shutter shock may be real, but definitely suppressed when this feature is activated. I have ran a test with my E-P5 in the range of 1/80 to 1/400 in 1/3 increments, and all the images are pin sharp.

When I test my E-M1 with anti shock set to 0, the sound and vibration levels are no different from when the short shutter lag is enabled. Makes me wonder.

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is now discontinued...
Jeff.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow