Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Pic Man
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030
Like?
Re: Sold my DSLR and just got GM1
In reply to yonsarh, 8 months ago

yonsarh wrote:

Lumixdude wrote:

yonsarh wrote:appreciate for the many information and replies! First, I will try and go ahead with Olym 17mm f2.8 and see how it goes. I was asking a simple question for m43 lens and people started debating with DSLR.

It is the 17mm F/1.8 which is worth looking at the Pancake 17mm F/2.8 isn't worth looking at.

On the other issue, unfortunately there's some heroes in here that must defend their precious full frame cameras from being brought down a notch or two. It happens quite regularly in this forum.

THx for help again. I just cancelled the f2.8 and will be re-order.

The 17 1.8 is not a cheap lens, there are other more budget friendly options. The 14mm f2.5 springs to mind. If I were prepared to pay the money for the 17, I would of waited a little and bought the GM1L. It'll come with the new 15mm f1.7 leica lens as a kit. The aperture ring will be useful on a body like the GM1. It will be more expensive bought separately unfortunately. Other budget friendly lenses include the sigma 19, 30 and 60mm f2.8 lenses. The olympus 45mm is also very good value. Pick a lens which has a focal length you like.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
45mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow