Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
khunpapa
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
The home-made test DP1 merrill + Ricoh GW-3
8 months ago

I have DP1 MERRILL. I want wider AoV. I had read, have read and read. Then go borrowing the Ricoh GW-3 from Ricoh rep for half a day.

Sun is bright. World is hot, very hot! 38 degree celcious. This place is cooler. I lay down the camera bag, raise the DP1m up, snap at f/4, snap at f/5.6 , snap at f/8 and f/11. Then attach the ricoh GW-3 and snap another four pictures.

1. The scene looking from the testing (cooler) ground.

-- hide signature --

2. Four pics from NATIVE DP1m combined into one compared to another four from GW-3 attached DP1m.

As a note. The f/11 shot is strange. The camera thinks the scene is too dark, so it prolongs the shutter speed for about 1/2 stop. However, this test is aimed at AoV, distortion and CA. So I think I shouldn't care

-------------------------------------------

3. The "100% crop, 600x600 pixels from the CENTER of each native DP1m combined to one"
compare to the
"100% crop, 600x600 pixels from the CENTER of each GW-3 attached DP1m combined to one".

4. The "100% crop, 600x600 pixels from the CORNER of each native DP1m combined to one"
compare to the
"100% crop, 600x600 pixels from the CORNER of each GW-3 attached DP1m combined to one".

That's all.

--
Flashes of my Memory.

khunpapa's gear list:khunpapa's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-1 Olympus E-M1 +11 more
Sigma DP1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow