Sony New Announcement: Who is impressed/Who is not?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,738Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony New Announcement: Who is impressed/Who is not?
In reply to ImagesInstyle, 6 months ago

ImagesInstyle wrote:

Who is impressed with the new announce, and who is not?

Not particularly - again another example of an incoherent product strategy from Sony. They seem lost!  Yet another body but no lenses to use with them...

As SAR said, it seems to have been rushed, which we have seen is an issue for the A7 and A7r as insufficient field-testing and rushed design mean unexpected problems for the purchasers

No OSPDAF suggests an old chip or old design - can't help wondering if it's just a 'tweaked' version of the Nikon D3s sensor

4K is a very niche market at the moment

12MP is sufficient for many uses, but is it really going to offer better dynamic range than a resized 24 or 36Mp sensor output? After discussing sensor read noise and photon shot noise on this forum with Jay Ell (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52714686) I am less fond of low resolution sensors than I once was. This low resolution will not be good for people wanting to do sports or telephoto photography where cropping are often important

I guess this camera is basically a 'product statement' concerning Sony's commitment to 4K (even though they are spinning-off that business!), but in terms of actual sales it will only be interesting to a small number of serious film-makers

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow