In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 6 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

some idiot removed my posting, so I will repeat again

first several shots of the OP
1/500

1/500

1/20

1/800

so much for SS testing... and being camjpegs with infamous Olympus overly stong NR and oversharpening (as Oly camjpegs are intended to be seen strongly downsized) there is no wonder that OP does not see anything.

OK,
There's no need for name calling.
I am not a "denier", throwing you under the bus, arrogant or whatever.
I merely say that I can't see any evidence of the camera causing blur.
I have acknowledged elsewhere that the laws of physics mean that there must be SOME movement. However with 1/5 gram shutter and (in my case) a1,2kg setup with EM-1, grip, 12-40, hood and the QR attached as I leave it there, I cannot see any EVIDENCE of it being visible - at all.
Slurs:
As for the oversharpened claim "infamous Olympus overly strong NR and oversharpening (as Oly cam jpegs are intended to be seen strongly downsized", please max a few pics and show me if you see evidence of it. In some areas of sky, at MAX res, sharpening is just visible - that's about a 900x1200mm pic.
I have never printed that nig, actually, if you have, lucky you!
How do my results justify the oversharpening slur above?
Where did you read how Oly intends images from its camera to be seen?
Your statement MAY be true, but I've seen no official statement of that either and in any case images are mainly viewed on screen - in our lucky cases on high-ish res monitors. Again I do not see it.
Your experience:
I am sorry that you and the EM-1 were not compatible and I will make NO blanket statements regarding that.
I DO tire of unsubstantiated or poorly substantiated opinion presented as fact and I repeat: I am NOT saying a camera cannot shake, I AM saying I see no evidence of any of your claims - at least hand held.
I also know that many tripods and heads do not provide the support and rigidity they should, I have 6-7 tripods and some are only suitable in emergencies or as light stands
I now HAVE the 1,3 FW and will try some tests when it is next light - Winter is coming here ... I will however use my sturdiest tripod and head. If I use one of the flimsier ones, then I am not making sufficient effort. I see they even have 1/th sec
Do you use the old trick of hanging weight off the centre of the tripod legs, say with a camera bag??.
One weakness I find with lower end QRs is that they wobble a bit

-- hide signature --

Well designed gear performs better for longer than well marketed gear.
Pics:
http://photohounds.smugmug.com/
Oly and other .. Gear test samples:
http://photohounds.smugmug.com/Gear-tests

photohounds's gear list:photohounds's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow