Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,035
Like?
Re: WOW again ...
In reply to Ontario Gone, 5 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

buellom wrote:

... a game changer? I even can't count anymore how many game changer Sony introduced. The issue is, nothing seems to have changed the game ...

Don't get me wrong, I really like that Sony tries to push things forward and I won't deny that Sony is inovative. But it's hard to change the game and until now I don't think that anything Sony introduced was disruptive to the market.

I would like to see limits pushed, unfortunately i don't think it's happening with the S. As i replied to neil, the problem is the external recorder, it's not going to be cheap. If there is too much heat and not enough processing power for in camera 4k, as ImagingResource says, then surely it can't compress 4k into 1080p in camera, so how will they record 1080p? Likely a sensor crop, and if that's the case, the portion being used will be less than a GH4's full sensor readout, which means longer crop and worse ISO performance than a GH4. I would also bet the farm the GH4 is cheaper than what the A7s launches at, and it has the option of 4k in camera.

Competition is good, i wish multiple 4k cameras could push the limits but i honestly have no idea why Sony would do this.

Just FYI, the screen capture of the IR article is below.

Neil, can you spot the hidden easter egg in that screenshot? It's something you would find useful.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

If you mean the -4 EV AF, that would be useful to those who use AF....I would think it might hunt a bit with the likes of the A7 kit lens......still the focusing of the f4 zoom in Sony's video in really low light seemed very good.....almost looks to me that the f4  24-70 was really made for the A7s in mind....it seems to shine on that camera.

To me, I am very happy with the A7 in low light and for video in low light....this camera will be better for both (and much better for video I think).....not enough maybe for me to get one...maybe next year....should I get the money to buy it.

If I ever got the camera, I would still be using the Canon FD L lenses and manual focus that I will use on pretty much any camera I get now and for both stills and video.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow