why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,920
Like?
why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?
6 months ago

I know this will go down like a led ballon, so I have put my tin hat on and I am ready for the insults, but it has to be said.

I have noticed lately that this forum gets very defensive when someone shares perhaps what's perceived as a negative opinion on a particular camera.

I admit I am a gear head, but I also take thousands of photographs all over the world and although I have had many cameras it doesn't give people the right to be rude.

I don't understand why "some people" who have nothing to add the the thread in question to give a barrage of insults, why don't they just ignore the post.

Forums are for help, healthy debate and discussion points and fan boys should resist making derogatory comments.

I really don't get why people are so defensive about a brand of camera.

Brand loyalty is nice but it shouldn't be at the expense of insulting others who may share a different opinion.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I am sick of "some people" spouting off with opinionated views that border on insulting people, after all it's only a camera! just because it's not the one you own doesn't give anyone the right to attack other forum members.

However the vast majority are very helpful and give good advise, and they are worth there weight in gold.

Ian

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow