Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,969
Like?
Deliberately Difficult Shots with the HX400V
7 months ago

There was a lot of bright sunlight, mixed with shade around my place today. So I picked shots that tested the camera for working with extreme mixes of both. I'm pleased with how this camera handles red. That is usually a problem for any electronic camera or camcorder. The bright white cherry flowers against a blue sky and dark trees surrounding, was one I didn't expect would come out well, but I was pleasantly surprised. The most difficult was the one showing a bird feeder and my driveway. The sunlight was mottled throughout, but the camera didn't overexpose anything but the street and the far background. My cat had found a patch of shade in the middle of brightness. The red-flowering gooseberry bush had the sunlight off to the side and slightly behind it.

I could have made that one a bit brighter and others slightly darker, but I'll use those results to do better next time.

I would have gotten more photos, but I had spent 5 hours grinding down the inside of a lens adaptor tube made for an HX300, so it would match the slightly larger diameter of this camera. It worked and it now fits, but what a job that was.

Sony HX400V

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow