Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philzucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,144
Like?
A question of perspectives ...
8 months ago

Two days ago I took this shot of a railway station and an adjoining railroad crossing:

I like the atmosphere this shot conveys, even if it's not really sharp and clear (it's really nowhere near that). The reason it isn't: It's a center crop - more or less 1:1 - of a picture taken 900 meters away from the railroad crossing (checked the distance) taken at 250mm with my Tamron 18-250 on my K5-II.

I found it most interesting to see how the platform of the station visible on the right shrinks to an assumed size of some meters only, while in reality it's 140 meters long - as one may see in this shot showing parts (!) of it, taken on another day with the DA10-17@10mm (another extreme perspective of course):

Photography offers us such incredible different ways to view the same things. Isn't that simply fascinating?

Phil

-- hide signature --
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow