I got a new camera ( three non leica images)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 6,857
Like?
I got a new camera ( three non leica images)
8 months ago

I was not thinking of getting a new camera. I really wanted to copy my medium format negs with some credibility. I tried using my panasonic g1 with an extension tube and leica adapter and my fifty mm Cosina nokton. When everything was lined up and the focus right I got a slightly less than credible scan. I found the one place where at least my micro fourthirds and electronic finder was deficient was the ability to focus accurately enough and with repeatable results.  Even with the high magnification focusing option i could not focus accurately enough to get good scans.

I have tried a couple now with the new camera and I can get some very sharo and detailed scans but I have to make sure the neg is very flat.

Now I know a nice medium format scanner would do the job just fine but they cost somewhat north of two grand, so I figure if I get a nice full frame dslr I should be able to get decent copies of my negs and also have a nice camera to shoot with in the bargain. So I got me one of these here Nikon 610.

here are a couple images I took on her maiden voyage so to speak.

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow