Sutter Shock? Pictures from the holy land. Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
453C
Senior MemberPosts: 4,620Gear list
Re: Just the facts, man, just the facts.....
In reply to Guy Parsons, 4 months ago

What I find odd about the SS issue is that we're usually happy to remove any potential source of unwanted instability or vibration from our photography. We should all be happy to see the inclusion of an electronic first curtain shutter feature in a camera, whether we use it (or need it) or not. Use of EFCS doesn't make a person less of a photographer, yet I get the feeling that some would avoid those drive modes for that belief.

To me, there's no more need for heated argument over the existence of shutter shock (or the need for EFCS) than there is to debate the inclusion of a high speed drive mode. Some people want or need the feature, while others don't, but I don't think there have been dozens of nasty spats over the need for high still frame rates.

453C's gear list:453C's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow