Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,453Gear list
Like?
Pany 14-140II vs. 45-150?
8 months ago

Looking to get a lens that gets me out to ~150mm. I've tested myself the 45-175 Panasonic and the 100-300 Panasonic (as well as the 45-200 Pany) and they were just OK. I've also tested the 14-140 and I was pretty impressed at the long end.  This will complement my 14-42II or 12-35/2.8 and be used for video on my Pany bodies (GX7 and GH-2) , so OIS is desired.

I've not been able to get my hands on a Pany 45-150, so I've been using on-line test results to compare the two.

Trouble is, one site (ephotozine) shows the 14-140 to be superior while another shows the 45-150 to be sharper (www.camerastuffreview.com).  Is this conflict due to different testing methodologies or due to sample variations?  Unfortunately Photozone has not tested these two lenses on the same body.

Have any of you owned both of these lenses and been able to compare the two of them?  If so, which is the better lens regarding sharpness over the shared focal length?

Thanks -

John

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +20 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow