Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dion L
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
T1i and 50mm f1.8
4 months ago

New to dslr and not sure if I'm missing something. I've got a used T1i (18,000 shutter count) and a used 50mm f1.8 I bought recently. Seem to be having problems outdoors when trying to shoot very wide aperture around 1.8 - 2.8 or so. Inside fine but daylight outdoors in sun or cloudy I more than not seem to get severely washed out photos. Unfortunately I keep deleting my examples right away but more glowing white in the photo than anything else. For example today was diffused sunlight through clouds on a branch full of blossoms. sun way off to the right so branch not backlit.
Shooting in aperture mode with auto iso and white balance. Is the shutter just not fast enough in bright situations with this fast a lens or should I just not use that aperture range in bright lighting? Was going for creative shots and max background blur. Any suggestions what I may be doing wrong or corrective measures I may not know of?

Thanks for any help,

Dion

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow