Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,617Gear list
Like?
DXO Optics Pro 9 with V1 images
4 months ago

I just recently picked up a V1 as a lightweight back up/supplement to my D7100 and D200.  There were a bunch of reasons that the V1 made the most sense including similarities to D200 images (posts in this forum comparing images from the two), ability to use my DX and FX sized lenses, and battery commonality with my D7100.

Like many, I was a bit concerned with image quality and noise from the 1" sensor.  It seems to be the "Glock" of the camera world....people either love them or hate them.

I've spent the last few days playing around with it, and obviously in good light, the V1 really shines.  As the ISO's go up, the noise really goes up as well.  Tonight I had a little time to play with some low light images, and processed them using various software I have including Lightroom 5, Photoshop CC, Aperture, Topaz DeNoise, Nik Dfine, and DXO Optics Pro 9.

I've really had great success with the Prime NR in Optics Pro 9 with my D7100 images, but the 24mp files really made image selection an issue as it was taking between 7-10 minutes PER IMAGE on an early 2013 13" Retina Macbook Pro.  The V1 images on the other hand, average only about 2 minutes per full sized file.  The image below is taken handheld at ISO 3200.  Needless to say, I'm pleased with what the combination produced, and am interested to see what else it is capable of.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +12 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow