Need an advice on prime lens for travel

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Weisgrau
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,189
Like?
Re: Need an advice on prime lens for travel
In reply to golffore, 8 months ago

golffore wrote:

My wife and I are going on a week cruise and four day stay in Barcelona in June. I am thinking of getting a prime lens for my Epl2 for the travel. Photography will be mostly landscape, architectural, steetscscape and others. My choices are the 19 mm and the 30 mm Sigma lenses and the new Olympus 25mm f1.8 . Any advice?

The words "mostly landscape, architectural, steetscscape" are basically incompatible with you narrow angle of view lens choices. You want wider angles.  And why primes? Just n=more to carry and miss shots because you have to top and change lenses.

I have doen assignments in Barcelona, Madrid, and many other western European cities. I January I did an assignment documenting the maiden voyage of a new cruise ship. If I were doing a city exterior and interior and surrounding areas, I would take my 7-14. 14-42, and 45 -150. The latter would get little to no use. I'd also take 14/2.5 and 20/1.7 for interior shots. Shooting the subject matter does not require large aperture lenses. You will want to have good depth of field and you can get with zooms. Larger apertures are good on the primes for shooting interiors and Barcelona offers some great places to shoot inside of.  The 14mm is more useful that the 20.  You can a 14 to a 20 but you cannot expand a 20 to a 14.

-- hide signature --

Richard Weisgrau
www.drawnwithlight.com
www.show-my-house.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow