neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,215
Like?
Re: WOW what a game changer A7s
In reply to Ontario Gone, 6 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/7601984/events/2850315

ISO 409 000 4k video to a recorder and full HD using the whole sensor!

What a camera for theatre and live music!

I would like to see 4k take off, it makes prices on TVs drop, and that will usher in more content from the movie industry. Unfortunately i think Sony is going to drop the ball here for a couple reasons. For one, 12mp is going backwards for stills, as is evident by all the people who forked over extra for the A7r. Resolution is nice to have. The second thing is the price. It is obviously the newest thing from Sony, it's 4k, no way it will be cheaper than the A7/r, and that is not including the must have external recorder for 4k.

No, 12mp is fine for intended high ISO use.....the  A7 is great at ISOs like 6400 and even 12800 but this will be much better still.    People who want the res can have the A7R (which is better at high ISO than 95% of cameras anyway...this is for people who want the highest (currently).

Price seems like it will be very competitive ...and seems like about the same as the A7.

Don't confuse this with 12mp APSC or M4/3 (APSC 12mp DSLRs are mostly ok still).....12mp new FF mirrorless should be  a very different level.

So pay more for a body with slower AF and less resolution for stills? Then pay even more to actually record 4k? All this when the GH4 is 4k capable out of the box at $1700, and the AX100 is $2k. I officially place my bet at the table, im gonna go with $3000 for body, and another $1000 for recorder. 4 grand total. I wonder how many consumers will buy that? Im with you Neil, i won't spend that kind of money but thankfully there are much cheaper options for 4k.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Nikon D4s is only 16mp and sells for over $6000.    This will be as good for high ISO as that for stills and much much better for video.

The Nikon AF will be far better of course but the Sony will be fine and it seems the price will be about the same as the A7.

There should be less moire on the A7s than the GH4.......GH4 will be a great video camera, so will the A7s....I would not mind either if given to me but I would prefer the A7s for what I like to video (if it is as good as I expect).

I will be sticking with the A7 for now as it is good enough but theA7s is very tempting.

I can see a lot of people having both a A7s and a GH4,  Another group will have a A7s and an A7R.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow