Sony RX10. Pixel size and noise are holding me back from buying

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,326Gear list
Like?
Yes, about matching the 2.8 lens on quiet zooms in m4/3.
In reply to kwa_photo, 8 months ago

I agree with the financial advantage of avoiding buying the two Pany or Oly 2.8 zooms that cover about the same range and are good for video, as well as weathersealed. I have both Oly and Pany cameras, but use GH2s and GH3 for most shooting so I would have gone with the Pany lenses - getting the RX10 saved me about $900-1000, and I found other, surprising things about the RX10 that made it a more than excellent purchase. Surprisingly, the quality of video often matches (or surpasses?) that of my GH3 - I think that this site's review also mentioned something like that.

So, instead of adding to my m4/3 gear, I may be selling some of it. Only negative (as mentioned in an earlier post) is the 29 minute recording limit of the RX10 - I will probably keep a GH3 and a couple of lenses for those times.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow