Why aren't the colors popping out? Not Vibrant at all, Whats wrong?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
holyindian
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?
Why aren't the colors popping out? Not Vibrant at all, Whats wrong?
3 months ago

Hey guys,

Firstly a huge thanks for helping me out with fine tuning my basic photographic skills. I am back yet again with a different question. This time is due to the colors in the photograph.

Spring isn't in yet, but we are trying to step out and try to get whatever a bit of neutral weather we have here in Chicago. With that said, it was in the mid 50's and we set out to our community park. I realize the colors on the street are not there yet, and the grass is still shady brown. However the pictures taken on these conditions don't do justice, as the skin tones and most importantly the clothes are not accurate. They are boring and don't pop out. I am not sure if there is something in the camera that i have missed out on that i need to pre-set before taking the pictures. Yes the WB is set to Auto, i am still learning my way through to setup color balance using the expo disc, which i haven't got a chance to do so.

However are there other things that affect the colors to pop out. these look dry and boring. I swear, the grass was greener than it looks on the picture, and the pink shirt wasn't pink, it was darker and more vibrant in shade.

Look at these and guide.

Here i took the street picture while walking back home that looked more vibrant in real time, but does not look so in the pictures itself.

Also please guide me on the family shots, please guide me, how could i do this better. (i haven't cropped nor touched the imaged in anyways).

holyindian's gear list:holyindian's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow