V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
dmaclau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,417Gear list
Like?
Re: V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)
In reply to retro76, 5 months ago

retro76 wrote:

Be careful in choosing the word "invest" - Olympus and Panasonic are struggling financially and while Nikon has seen better years they are not going anywhere. I would bet the house that (unfortunately) the m43rd format iwill be dead in about 2-3 years. Mirrorless in general is mostly popular with camera geeks, but not the general public. Canon and Nikon have been chastised for not investing more into this format, but these are not stupid companies they are waiting for the right time to fully enter the market and everyone knows this just isn't it and are simply testing the waters at this point. Love them or hate them, Nikon and Canon will dominate this market when the time is right (though for Nikon it may not be a 1 inch sensor, but a whole new format).

Perhaps.  It's hard to tell.  I don't think that any of the camera manufacturer's are presently in their "salad days."

It strikes me though that the question isn't if 4/3 will wither and Nikon thrive, but rather will 4/3 wither and 1" thrive.  I suspect they'll each likely share a similar fate.

On another note,  anyone know why they call the sensor 1"?  It's not.

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-M1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow