ISO 50 - 409K!!!! A7s sensor OMG (hope its coming for a-mount)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,529Gear list
Like?
ISO 50 - 409K!!!! A7s sensor OMG (hope its coming for a-mount)
3 months ago

I can only hope the reason there are no A-mount leaks is that this sensor is going in the new A99 and something like it in the A77II

Imagine the draw of a camera that 3 more stops of ISO to 409,000!! to Working Pros who need to shoot in existing light.

I don't know what this means for A-mount.. but it means Sony may have just jumped the High MP train to the high ISO train and we can only hope this tech shots up in cameras we like too.

The A7s are just a bit too small for me, but I will says that working with the A7 and LEA$ and my Minolta 100mm F2.8 The set up felt solid.. I just don't like the smaller size of the camera.. something in between the A7 and A77 would be OK

Frankly if they create a hybrid DSLR format camera a solid way to support legacy lenses and e-mount.. I am fine with that.

Earlier this week someone said the sensor on the 70D with dual pixel was exciting..

Not compared to the sensor in the A7s ...

We need to see shots before going to crazy.. but that they showed an ISO 128000 Sports shot on the larger screen says they may have done something special with sensors.

Now the A77 II could be very interesting.. what if it has 2 more stops of ISO.. is there an APC version of this sensor coming.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Canon EOS 70D Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7S Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow