Disapointed in my Df.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
brianric
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,013Gear list
Like?
Re: AF-S and self timer on a moving subject ?!!
In reply to michaeladawson, 3 months ago

michaeladawson wrote:

han47 wrote

Hi Paul,

still think he was using flash in AFc and then switched to AFs to have focus assist.

He wrote :I had it set up for flash, AF-C single point, center point, focus priority
Then he continued: I had to switch to AF-S, and the red AF-assist illuminator in order to lock focus

About ten messages later he wrote:I took a picture with no flash, and it was f/4.0 at 1/80 at ISO 3200.
But this was to describe the circomstances after someone asked about them.

Where do you think the red led from the selftimer comes in play.?

I don't think it does. He was using flash most of the time. When he refers to AF assist light I believe he is talking about the assist light on the flash. Nowhere in his post does he mention self-timer.

Btw. I don't use a Df nor did I read the manual for this particular thread.

Ciao, Han

Initial setup was using flash 100% of the time except for one test picture, AF-C, single point, priority focus. Switch to AF-S so I could use the red AF illuminator from the flash in order to get focus lock. I preferred AF-C, but had to switch to AF-S. I took one shot in available light (no flash) to get the reading. As soon as I had a break in the action, I went out to my car to get the D800, and finished the rest of the shoot with the D800.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow