Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hollander
Senior MemberPosts: 1,369Gear list
Like?
Well, I've decided to jump onto the Birding Band wagon. SX50
5 months ago

Thanks to Tony's and Kenn's birding pictures, I've taken the challenge to see for myself what I can do and see how the SX50 behave.

You have to have patience and lots of it. Well I have that and it reminds me a lot of when I was a kid growing up in Holland. I could sit for hours at a canal fishing and watching my bobber floating on the water waiting for a bite.

So here are some pictures I like to share with you.

Dak eyed Junco

Spotted Towhee

Song sparrow

Chicadee.

I always carry a baggy of bird seed with me to attract the birds. My opinion and this is my opinion only, so far the SX50 works very well. I enjoy my time out in nature. The pictures could be better as this was my first outing and I'm learning to get better.

I always shoot in RAW so there is some PP involved which I do in CS 6, but kept to a minimum.

But I can see where Tony and Kenn are able to get good quality results SOOC.

I've downloaded a second batch of pictures and see if they're better.

If you're looking for the perfect set up and pictures then this is the way to go.

A fellow Birder.

I hope you'll enjoy the pictures, C andC as always is welcome.

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow