V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)
In reply to retro76, 8 months ago

Be careful in choosing the word "invest" - Olympus and Panasonic are struggling financially and while Nikon has seen better years they are not going anywhere. I would bet the house that (unfortunately) the m43rd format iwill be dead in about 2-3 years. Mirrorless in general is mostly popular with camera geeks, but not the general public. Canon and Nikon have been chastised for not investing more into this format, but these are not stupid companies they are waiting for the right time to fully enter the market and everyone knows this just isn't it and are simply testing the waters at this point. Love them or hate them, Nikon and Canon will dominate this market when the time is right (though for Nikon it may not be a 1 inch sensor, but a whole new format).

I don't think micro 4/3 will be gone.

I think 1" (cx) remains a viable system. Sony Rx10, Rx100, and Nikon's Cx show manufacturers are still experimenting.

I do not understand why Nikon has not introduced a DX or FX camera substituting a high quality EVF (and focus peaking) for the mirror and pentaprism (or pentamirror) finder. This should be an addition, not replacement for the current dSLRs.

I would think such a camera would expand, not canibalize their sales.

The same can be said for Pentax (K-01 was close, but no EVF), Canon (EOS-M needed an EVF, but it had a good EOS adapter), and Leica.

Sony has the A99 and other SLT cameras with either FX or DX sized sensors. They are now moving to  full mirror-less designs with the NEX series including the new A6000 the A7 series.

In the US, one wants to sees mirror-less with full support of the entire catalog of Nikkor lenses, AF-S or AF-D (AI and earlier lenses are well managed with a Sony A7x or NEX and a good quality adapter.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow