dof calculator

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
indlgr
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Re: dof calculator
In reply to indlgr, 1 week ago

update:

+now there are 2 new fields calculated: close/far blown away dof.

what is it? well, i love to take pictures with bokeh, and usually i wish my bokeh to blow away everything but the photographed object. as you know, "beyond the dof" and "washed away" are two completely different things.

so, now calculator tries to show the borders beyond which everything is blown away/washed away beyond recognition. of course this parameter is very far from being objective. and it's experimental. so, don't take it as a final truth. as you understand, a building taking 100% of the width in background will remain recognizable way longer than a nearby hanging banner. this thing is subjective and depends on many factors. so, use it as a hint that might help if you love to take shots full of bokeh. maybe it will be useful to you, maybe not, i don't know :).

in any case, it's there now, so you can waste some time, isn't it marvelous?

also, on the generated picture these zones are washed away way more than the zones not in dof. looks strange now, though ).

+now on the picture values are signed with the respective 'measure title'. e.g. "meters", etc.

+a thing that might be useful for people from english speaking countries: the image parameters now do have their own "measure units" drop down, so it's not only in millimeters anymore. you can use any measures you like and they are separated from the "calculated" ones.

+now all the calculated parameters are signed with the respective measure units. so it's much easier to figure it out.

+there were many internal changes in terms of structural optimizations and minor interface bugfixes. in other words, now there quite might be new fresh bugs :).

so either enjoy, hate or forget: http://www.altersky.com/photo/dof

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow