ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Travolta
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
RX100: Control light shifting/changing during movie recording
8 months ago

I have two questions that I really hope someone can help me with:

1. I one problem with recording movies on my RX100, I use the red record button to record movies and it works just fine since I don't have the need (I think) to change a lot of settings. But what really makes the movies look bad is the changing of light. If I record my daughter and she holds up a white cup, then the movie gets really dard to compensate the wite object. I understand why this happends but I would like to lock the light metering (is that the correct word) so that the light doesn't change when my daughter hold something in her hands, turns her head and so on. Can that be done?

2. What is the difference between the record button and using the movie mode (via the dial)? As I understand it I can select P/A/S/M in the movie mode and, for instance, control the shutter speed. Is there any other advantage for using the movie mode than just hitting the record button?

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow