V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,167Gear list
Like?
Re: V1/V2 vs OM-D E-M10 (take 2)
In reply to Photo Pete, 5 months ago

Very nice posts above. I like both systems (nikon 1 and M4/3) and own a EM5 and other m4/3 cameras. One thing I like about the V2 is the amount of keepers I get because of focusing accuracy , specially shooting birds near branches, busy backgrounds, etc.  I still feel that in that case M4/3 system is a little behind.

As a birder, having up to a 600mm equivalent in M 4/3 was nice, in a compact package. This was an advantage over other mirrorless systems, but now Nikon, with the announcement of the zoom that will be over 800mm will have the advantage.

Again, as a birder, utilizing my big nikkor lenses on both systems (M4/3 versus 1) , obviously the series 1 beats it, because :

a) M4/3 has a 2x crop, nice but never as nice as a 2.7x crop, more reach is better for me.

b) With Nikon series 1 - I have AF and VR with my Nikkor lenses with the FT-1 adapter, to my knowledge there is no adapter that AF with other lense for either m4/3 or series 1 at this time.

regardless, these are great times !!

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow