Why doesn't Fuji upate it's RAW File Converter software?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,338Gear list
Like?
Why doesn't Fuji upate it's RAW File Converter software?
8 months ago

I've noticed that when checking the Fuji software web page - the one specifically for the RAW File Converter software (which is Silkypix based) - Fuji seemingly doesn't do a good job of keeping this software updated.

The current version is (and has been for close to a year now), version 3.2.17.0.  All the other brands of cameras have their own proprietary software that they keep updated as cameras are released, but I've noticed that Fuji does not do this - well, at least not on their website.

Now I realize that this RAW file converter software is updated on the disks that you receive when you purchase a camera (as is with the X-T1), but why doesn't Fuji keep up with the latest versions on their website.   Here's their link for this:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/#application

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +31 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow