ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ultimation
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon 70d power on issues
8 months ago

Hi all

I purchased a 70d about half a year ago now, and until recently it had been running perfectly.

I went through a spot where I wasn't using it, and foolishly I let the battery run out and left it there for a while, unused.

Now I charged the battery back up to full and put it in, but the camera still won't turn on. My first assumptions are that the back up battery has died as well. In the past if you plugged the SD card in, even without a battery, the LEDs would flash, but that won't happen now.

So a few questions:

Does anyone know where the back up battery is located on the 70D? I've had a look and I can't see anywhere obvious it would be.

How far can I unscrew the camera without voiding warranty? If it isn't the back up battery, the camera is still in warranty period and I want to be able to send it back!

Will Canon DSLRs turn on with a full normal battery, but no back up battery?

From googling I found that the 70D is meant to take a CR2025 button cell, which I've purchased a pack of now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow