Don Richardson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,446Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Auto ISO vs. fixed ISO?
In reply to Lanidrac, 5 months ago

Lanidrac wrote:

Don Richardson wrote:

RGF wrote:

Using auto ISO today (over cast and low light) all of my images out of focus. looking at the info it showed the ISO at 3200. I am using the 7D with a 100-400 L lens. Really got no keepers. I am having difficulty comprehending the ISO setting as some say they never use Auto - I guess now I see why? Any suggestions on camera settings would be helpful. I used M, AV, and TV modes.

Thanks,

RGF

I have a 7D and 150-600 mm and Tamron 70-300 and shoot Shutter speeds between 2500-500 depending on light and use Auto ISO all the time. You'd be suprised at the low ISO I get at 2000 shutter speed Check out my zenfolio for thaen with 150-600 of Taken with 70-300. They should be on top row as all in both have been taken in last month and I'm pretty sure I used Auto ISO on all of them,

-- hide signature --

Tell me that ain't so. You use auto-iso ALL the time??? Wow.

-- hide signature --

I don't use it 100% of the time but I set Max. ISO at 1600 and probably use it 80% of the time and wouldn't you know I shoot birds 80% of the time also.. You should try it. On bright days I'll get 320-400 ISO at 2000 shutter speed with very little noise. I use AV and set ISO the other 20% but as light changes I forget to change ISO.

-- hide signature --
 Don Richardson's gear list:Don Richardson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Epson Artisan 835 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow