Flat view
Bodez95
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
What to do? Lens barrel gouge canon 24-105 L
4 months ago

Hello people of the internet!

I'm new here and was just wondering you guys could give me some advice
I recently received my first L lens (the 24-105mm), I'm studying for my photoimaging Diploma in Australia and was out shooting the other day when I noticed this "scratch" in the side where the barrel extends to zoom.

On closer inspection is was noticed how deep this "scratch" was. To the point that others at my uni believe it's a crack in the barrel. I took it to my local camera store and saw a guy (who knew nothing) who said "just use it as normal cause there it's most likely fine". But considering how new and expensive (to a student) it is, I was wondering if there is anything I can do like warranty or something. It concerns me how deep it is, especially considering I have also found some dust in the centre elements (which may be irrelevant, I'm not sure), and I don't currently intend on selling it but who knows, in the future and I'm scared of it affecting my resell value.
Being a photography student, it also scares me to think how long i could end up without my workhorse and main lens.

Hope you guys can help
So any advice will be appreciated
-Thanks

Bodez95's gear list:Bodez95's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow