Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,161Gear list
Like?
A few from yesterday - XT1 and 10-24mm, 56mm F1.2 and 18-55mm
8 months ago

Abandoned private VIP rail car. I'd guess 1920's or 1930's vintage. It has its own kitchen and parlor area, complete with fireplace and mantle, private bath, a balcony at the rear, etc. What remains for the interior woodwork is very fancy and well done. I wonder who owned it. Taken with the new 56 F1.2 for narrow DOF.  It's still new in my hands, but so far it is looking like this is yet another great Fuji lens.

With the snow melt combined with all of rain we've had lately, the water in my little brook is high and the mini-falls is thundering. Now is a good time for pics because the water slows to a gentle flow in the summer. Chase on the falls with the new 10-24mm:

Wrecked small plane we found in our rambles yesterday - it's there for the taking and the price is right (free), but is a bit of a fixer-upper. I'm guessing this is a late 1940's or early 1950's vintage plane, but I'm no expert on such matters. Note the individual ash trays on the dashboard. Taken with trusty 18-55mm lens:

Chase at the little mountain lake near my place which is often a destination on our daily runs. Another effort with the new 10-24mm. The more I use this lens, the more I like it.

To get to the little waterfalls on my place, one must climb way down into a deep, rocky ravine. Once there, it is as if you are the only person in the world, with the high steep rocky walls of the ravine all around, the cool mist from the falls and the thunder of the water. It is my favorite place for contemplation. I often wonder if the Indians once sat right where I do and contemplated their world. This pic and the following one were taken with the 18-55mm lens.

One final shot of my mini-falls:

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome.

Greg

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow