Like?
Re: Disapointed in my Df.
In reply to brianric, 3 months ago

brianric wrote:

Rservello wrote:

brianric wrote:

Rservello wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

I've read a lot of fellows on here bragging about how good the AF is on the D6x0s and the Df. But in reality it's a second tier AF. It has to show up somewhere coming up short compared to D4s, D800s, D700s.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

And yet, knowing how to properly manual focus wins 100% of the time!

Ever been at a Relay for Life? Manual focus not going to help you shooting people moving on a track wat walking speeds.

Anticipate distance. That's why it's etched on the barrel! Action/sports photography existed long before auto focus. And so you believe sports photogs trust their camera to get their shots for them??

And that's the excuse people give for a camera that doesn't focus squat diddly in low light. Tell me how you going to anticipate distance when you have 1,000 participants inside a gymnasium walking around in a recreation center at Rowan University.

Practice, practice, practice.

It's all you can do, but if you are determined to overcome the Dƒ limitations you have to resolve yourself to apply yourself 100% to that goal and not waste time complaining about something you can not fix.

We all know the Dƒ is less than perfect and I am not trying to belittle you for your despair, just try to make the most of what you have.

Someday something better will come along and some new kid will start complaining about how limited that new camera is and you can laugh and tell him in the old days of photography how we had to walk up hill both ways.

user_name's gear list:user_name's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow