Shorty Hoods

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
WooBall32
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Re: Shorty Hoods
In reply to Anthony Alongi, 7 months ago

Anthony Alongi wrote:

I would never talk anyone out of going to the Eiffel Tower - for many it is quintessential Paris. I always found it difficult to get great photos FROM the tower however (as opposed of the tower from the ground - endless opportunities there). It seems slightly offset from the rest of the city and the city all kind of blends togther from the top - at least for me..

The Arc on the other hand is smack in the middle of everything - with 8, 10, 12 or more streets converging at one place. I never ran out of ways to shoot from the top, from the ground, or in between.

Another favorite spot was from the wall at the end of the Tuilleries overlooking Place de la Concorde. You are above the Place by some 15 feet or so and can get some beatuful dusk/sunset photos of the Place, with the fountains, obelisk, and the Eiffel Tower in the background.

I am now in northern New England - I think I am gonna cry!

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

Thanks for the great tips, Tony! Looks like I will be adding the Arc to my walking tour. I've not heard of the Tuilleries - I'll have to check it out...

Thanks again guys for all the great tips, I'm really looking forward to my trip!

Now all I have to decide is jpeg, jpeg+raw, raw only... - HA!

WooBall32's gear list:WooBall32's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow