Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour
In reply to Klarno, 5 months ago

Klarno wrote:

agentlossing wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

MatsP wrote:

Wow! I'm glad I live in a country where everybody as the general rule has the right to access all land, private or not.

Huh? I can walk into your backyard without your permission?

My guess is a nation where trespassing was legal wouldn't stay sovereign for very long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam

-- hide signature --

Yeah, that describes it quite good.

Regarding the Same people and their right to keep reindeers on all land in northern Sweden that I wrote about in another post I want to add that that this is not without complications. There has been some struggle from their side to get clearer rights but that has failed, after the longest ongoing trial ever in Sweden. They claimed ownership to mountain areas which probably was a mistake, they might have won if they claimed the right to use and got that codified. And after that some landowners in the southern Sapmi area sued them for keeping reindeers in forest area and won, which means some restrictions. But then landowners a bit north did the same but lose. So the rights are a bit unclear and differs in different parts of Sweden. The Same people has been oppressed, forced to speak Swedish, but are now recognized as a national minority and the Samish language is recognized as a national minority language (among Jiddisch, Romani chib, Finnish and Meänkieli). The Same people have their own parliament which is an official authority in Sweden.

This may be an interesting parallell to the Navajo nation and their situation.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow